- García-Mateus, S., & Palmer, D. (2017). Translanguaging Pedagogies for Positive Identities in Two-Way Dual Language Bilingual Education. Journal of Language, Identity & Education, 16(4), 245-255.
- Avineri, N., Blum, S.D., García-Mateus, S., Zentella, A.C., (2016). Save California Residents from a Language Drought: Vote ‘Yes’ This Fall. The Huffington Post [Online News].
- Palmer, D., Martinez, R.M., Mateus, S.G., Henderson, K.,(2014) Reframing the Debate on Language Separation: Towards a vision for Translanguaging Pedagogies in the Dual Language Classroom. Modern Language Journal, Vol. 98, Issue 3.
- Mateus, S.G. (2014). She was born speaking English and Spanish! Bilingual Status in a Kindergarten Two-Way Dual Language Classroom. Texas Papers in Foreign Language Education (TPFLE), 16 No. 1.
- Mateus, S.G. (2014). Review of Translanguaging: Language, Bilingualism, and Education, by Ofelia Garcia and Li Wei. Bilingual Research Journal, Vol. 37, Issue 3.
- Mateus, S. G. (2014). Review of Additive Schooling in Subtractive Times: Bilingual Education and Dominican Youth in the Heights, by Lesley Bartlett and Ofelia Garcia Language and Education, Vol. 28, Issue 3.
Manuscripts in Progress
- García-Mateus, S., Palmer, D.K., Heiman, D., & Henderson, K., Identity and Critical Cultural Awareness: White Students in Two-Way Bilingual Education. In Progress.
- García-Mateus, S., Zuniga, C ., One Way or Two Way Dual Language: Developing Bilingualism in the Borderlands. In Progress.