- García-Mateus, S., Palmer, D., (2017) Translanguaging Pedagogies for Positive Identities in Two-way Dual Language Bilingual Education. Journal of Language, Identity, and Education. Accepted.
- Avineri, N., Blum, S.D., García-Mateus, S., Zentella, A.C., (2016). Save California Residents from a Language Drought: Vote ‘Yes’ This Fall. The Huffington Post [Online News]. Retrieved from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/american-anthropological-association/save-ca-residents-from-a_b_11387726.html
- Mateus, S. G. (2016). “She was born speaking English and Spanish!” Co-constructing Identities and Exploring Children’s Bilingual Language Practices in a Two-way Immersion Program in Central Texas (Doctoral dissertation).
- Palmer, D., Martinez, R.M., Mateus, S.G., Henderson, K.,(2014) Reframing the Debate on Language Separation: Towards a vision for Translanguaging Pedagogies in the Dual Language Classroom. Modern Language Journal, Vol. 98, Issue 3.
- Mateus, S.G. (2014). She was born speaking English and Spanish! Bilingual Status in a Kindergarten Two-Way Dual Language Classroom. Texas Papers in Foreign Language Education (TPFLE), 16 No. 1.
- Mateus, S.G. (2014). Review of Translanguaging: Language, Bilingualism, and Education, by Ofelia Garcia and Li Wei. Bilingual Research Journal, Vol. 37, Issue 3.
- Mateus, S. G. (2014). Review of Additive Schooling in Subtractive Times: Bilingual Education and Dominican Youth in the Heights, by Lesley Bartlett and Ofelia Garcia Language and Education, Vol. 28, Issue 3.
Manuscripts in Progress
- García-Mateus, S., Palmer, D.K., Roser, N., & Henderson, K., “La Llevaron Pa’tras” Heritage Speakers, Linguistic Resources, and Identity in a Dual Language Classroom. In Progress.