- Nuñez, I. & García-Mateus, S. (2021). Ruptures of Possibilities: Mexican Origin Mothers as Critical Translanguaging Pedagogues. Association of Mexican American Educators Journal.
- García-Mateus, S., (2020). Bilingual Student Perspectives about Language Expertise in a Gentrifying Two-Way Immersion Program. International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism. https://doi.org/10.1080/13670050.2020.1797627
- García-Mateus, S. (2020) “Yeah, Things are Rough in Mexico. Remember We Talked About Hard Times?” Process Drama and a Teachers Role in Critically Engaging Students to Dialogue About Social Inequities in a Dual Language Classroom. Urban Review, 53, 107–126 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11256-020-00555-1.
- García-Mateus, S., & Palmer, D. (2017). Translanguaging Pedagogies for Positive Identities in Two-Way Dual Language Bilingual Education. Journal of Language, Identity & Education, 16(4), 245-255.
- Palmer, D., Martinez, R.M., Mateus, S.G., Henderson, K., (2014) Reframing the Debate on Language Separation: Towards a Vision for Translanguaging Pedagogies in the Dual Language Classroom. Modern Language Journal, Vol. 98, Issue 3.
- Palmer, D. & Garcia-Mateus, S. (under review) Gentrification and bilingual education: A Texas TWBE school across seven years. Edited volume, Lexington Books.
- Rayo, A. & García-Mateus, S. (in press). Vitamina C for Cultura. (M. Samaniego, Illustrator.). Jade Publishing.
- Rayo, A. & García-Mateus, S. (2021). Vitamina T for Tacos. (M. Samaniego, Illustrator.). Jade Publishing.
- Nuñez, I. & García-Mateus, S. (2022). Interrogating our Interpretations and Positionalities: Latinx Researchers as Scholar Activists in Solidarity with Our Communities, Book Chapter in Critical Ethnography, Bi/Multilingualism, Race(ism) and Education. Eds: Stephen May and Blanca Caldas.
- Showstack, R. & García-Mateus, S. (2022). Latinx Parents Raising Bilingual Children: An Exploration of the Monolingual Norm and Translanguaging in Family Language Practices. Book chapter in the book titled, Communicative Spaces in Bilingual Contexts: Discourses, Synergies and Counterflows in Spanish and English. Eds. Jessica Retis & Ana Sánchez Muñoz.
- García-Mateus, S., Henderson, K., Tellez-Arste, M., Palmer, D., (2022). An Experienced Latina Bilingual Teacher and PreK Latinx Students in the Borderlands: Translanguaging Pedagogy as Humanizing Pedagogy. In O. Garcia & M. Sánchez (Eds.), Transformative translanguaging espacios: Latinx Students and their Teachers Rompiendo Fronteras Sin Miedo.
- García-Mateus, S., Heiman, D, Strong, K.A., Palmer, D.K., (2020) One White Student’s Journey Through Six Years of Elementary Schooling: Uncovering Whiteness and Privilege in Two-way Bilingual Education, Book Chapter in Bilingualism for All? Raciolinguistic Perspectives on Dual Language Education. Editors: Nelson Flores, Nicholas Subtirelu, & Amelia Tseng. Multilingual Matters.
- Tian, S., Wong, J.W., García-Mateus, S. (2022). Centering Translanguaging and Critical Consciousness in Chinese/English Educational Programs. Branch Alliance for Educator Diversity (BranchED).
- Cavazos, A.G., García-Mateus, S., & Tian, Z. (2022). Translanguaging in Education: A Trandisciplinary Perspective. Branch Alliance for Educator Diversity (BranchED).
- García-Mateus, S., Wong, J.W., Chaparro, S., (2021) A Critical Perspective on the Educational Labeling of Multilingual Students in the United States. American Association for Applied Linguistics.
- García-Mateus, S., (2022). Speak out for dual language education. Op-Ed for The Monterey Herald.
- García-Mateus, S., (2021). Promoting Equitable and Socially Just Bilingual Education Programs. Op-Ed for The Californian. Published Jan. 23, 2021.
- García-Mateus, S., (2020). Supporting Bilingual Students During Pandemic. Op-Ed for The Monterey Herald. Retrieved from https://www.montereyherald.com/2020/07/11/supportingbilingualstudentsduringpandemic/?utm_ medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_content=tw- MontereyHerald
- Avineri, N., Blum, S.D., García-Mateus, S., Zentella, A.C., (2016). Save California Residents from a Language Drought: Vote ‘Yes’ This Fall. The Huffington Post [Online News].
- Mateus, S.G. (2014). Review of Translanguaging: Language, Bilingualism, and Education, by Ofelia Garcia and Li Wei. Bilingual Research Journal, Vol. 37, Issue 3.
- Mateus, S. G. (2014). Review of Additive Schooling in Subtractive Times: Bilingual Education and Dominican Youth in the Heights, by Lesley Bartlett and Ofelia Garcia Language and Education, Vol. 28, Issue 3.